Cardiac Rehabilitation has been shown to be a safe, effective treatment for people with heart disease and for those at high risk of developing heart disease. The PHASE II Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at Indianhead Medical Center includes exercise, education and counseling. Participants must be referred to the program by their physician.
Our Program is designed for people who have:
- Myocardial Infarction
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery or other Cardiac Surgery
- Angina Pectoris
- PTCA – Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Valve replacements
- Other Cardiac related problems
EXERCISE- All exercise programs are individualized for the participant based on his or her physical status and their response to activity. Heart rhythms and blood pressures are regularly monitored during exercise. This program is scheduled 3 times per week and can last up to 12 weeks.
EDUCATION & COUNSELING- The PHASE II Cardiac Rehabilitation Program provides education and counseling on positive lifestyle changes to reduce the risk for coronary artery disease.
The Goals of PHASE II Cardiac Rehabilitation:
- Improve your ability to function
- Decrease risk of future cardiac problems
- Assist you and your family in developing a healthy lifestyle
- Provide your physician with pertinent information on your progress
- Facilitate a safe, confident return to work
- Treadmill Stress Test
- Nuclear Stress Tests
- Stress Echocardiography
- Holter Monitor